Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Ch ch ch changes....

Ok, I’m refreshed and renewed. I slept from 2:00pm until 6:30pm yesterday. Then woke up for a couple hours to read, then back to bed. I’d been holding in all my emotions over Lexie staying at her dad’s for this whole week, so as not to confuse concern, worry, and upset her. Then Monday morning, I felt physically ill, drained, exhausted. Now I’m better. Part of the tension was due to the news Lexie shared Saturday on the way to the zoo. In the car, she starts telling me that her street Grammy (Betty) hit her Daddy over the head with a frying pan, and that she was mean and that was because she is old. She said street Grammy threw food and her and daddy yelled and yelled until Lexie finally yelled at them to “shut up!” Last night her aunt Patty called to say that Lexie’s throat was closed up. I told her she has been having allergies and snoring. I took the opportunity to tell Patty what Lex told me. Patty confirmed that Betty and Frank did have a fight last time Lexie was there, and I remember them always fighting when we lived closer. I asked Patty to help me keep Lexie’s confidence and not tell them what she had told me, but to please let them know that she is affected very badly by them acting this way and doesn’t want to come over to visit anymore.

Saturday, Lex and I went to the zoo with Tracy and Lucas. It was beautiful weather. We took the train from Sunset Transit center. Sunday we went out to Sherwood for a family dinner. Lexie had a blast playing with Keara and Chris’ cat Isabelle.

Word(s) of the day: PICCOLO

Today I’m grateful for Lexie, Mom and Dad, family, pets, summer, health, sleep/rest, happiness and life.

No comments: