Sunday, December 02, 2007

The best day ever...

A favorite song by SpongeBob? We (Lex and I) had the bestest day ever. Yesterday, December first, was Lex's birthday. And I celebrated the act of childbirth to my firstborn and love of my life. We woke up and cuddled, then I asked her what she wanted for birthday breakfast. After a trip in the Pathfinder with her and Grif, she ate scambled eggs with cheese, pancakes, two chocoate milks, and a vanilla ice cream, in the living room, watching cartoons. I showered, Grammy arrived, and we went to Party City. Got party bags for birthday guests, then went to Freddy's. Lex was asleep by then, so Grammy stayed in the car with her while I went in and got birthday cupcakes. Chuck E Cheeses was a blast. I don't have enough letters or time to type how much fun it was. Attendance: Sam, Alex, Lucas, Blake, Tyller, Kailee, Jonah, Madeline... Lex had all her favorite people with her on her special day. She ran to Grampa when she saw him, knew her aunt Chris, and Tracy, oh what fun. The best day ever, to witness her joy...and remember five years ago, around 12:15, been in the hospital a few hours, demanding drugs. Stubborn Lex, not wanting to be born, but giving Mom (me) the utmost discomfort in the process. Oh, but how I love all these, her the most! After Lex's party, I changed and went to the Clinic's Christmas party. The Best! Had SUCH a good time with Tobie, Garret (sp?), Val, and Steve! I absolutely adore the people I work with! We ate good food, drank good drink, I won a crystal dish in the raffle, we laughed, danced, and sang? Tobie and I went to the bathroom, and when we came back, her boyfriend was singing, a country love song, into the mike. It was awesome. What an absoulutely terrific way to spend an evening. And I didn't even get a ticket on my Pathfinder, parked in an unsure spot. Came home, still Lexie's birthday, through and through, and past midnight twerp stays up and enjoys life. What a wonderful day!

2 comments:

rvodyssey said...

What a truly awesome day!

Tonya said...

We had a great time, thanks!