Sunday, December 09, 2007

Couldn't be better!

What? Christmas tree? Yes it was the best day ever. Lex woke me up at 2:00pm. I got to sleep in! Then we got ready to get our Christmas Tree! Lexie picked out an Easter dress, tights and shoes to wear. We went to Freddy's. We picked up Lexie's favorite meal; Chicken breast and macarroni and cheese. We got some water to drink, and shopped. We got her "early" present. After watching her play the guitar at Tyller's birthday, it was clear to me what she really wanted. Grammy and I had already got presents for her, but Impulse Buy!!!!! She now is a guitarist. She loves it! We went outside to pick a tree, IT WAS SNOWING! How perfect is that? Lexie picked the tree. I have never found such a great tree, on my honor! Snowing! Easter dress! Skipping, dancing, and singing the whole time. We brought the tree home, and I put lights on while Lexie cheered me on. It's harder to put up a tree by yourself than I thought. We brought out the ornaments and Lexie took the non-glass ones, I took the breakables. We tried to call Great Aunt Christine to thank her, Steve reminded us she left for Jason, California, yesterday. Chris is 100% responsible for EVERY ornament on the tree. As Lex says, "It is the best tree in the universe!" We've had a terrific day. Now to Scooby Doo winter movie fest!

No comments: