Friday, January 25, 2008

Near miss

Lot’s of stuff going on around here.  Mostly, I’ve been having much grief as a result of Lexie’s dad’s version of insanity.  He can be such a terrible pain to me. 

 

Last week, I stayed home with Lexie recovering from tonsillectomy.  Her voice is so funny now, I haven’t gotten used to it.  It’s supposed to get back to normal soon.  I made a huge mistake last week.  The medicine routine for Lexie involves a cup of water or milk after a swallow of medicine; helps the medicine go down.  So, one morning I gave her 1 ½ teaspoon of Amoxicillin, she drank milk from her cup and said she didn’t want anymore.  I walked the cup into the kitchen, and without giving it a second thought, drank the rest of the milk.  I happen to be allergic to penicillin and the tiny amount left on the rim of her cup from her mouth put me into mild anaphylactic shock.  That was a fun morning.

 

Rachel Keller

Techincal Lead / EDI contact

rkeller@broadwaymedicalclinic.com

(503) 331-7657

 

No comments: