Thursday, October 15, 2009

First 1st grade parent teacher conference.

Heads up/note to self/advice to other parents...  If you want a decent amount of time with your parent teacher conference, schedule it early in the day.  They work like doctors offices, I know the rules.  The first few meetings run over, and exponentially later, the later meetings are rushed.  Uck.  Still, it was a good experience for two reasons.  The first was that Teacher assures that Lex is doing wonderful.  Second, because Tall Handsome Dad drove a decent distance to be a part of it.  Lex really appreciated it, so did I.  I was mucho embarassed that I instructed John to call when he got there, realized 10 minutes into it that my phone was turned all the way down, then when I explained to Teacher, she was so rushed, she told me not to go get him, it would be over before I could, we could all meet later.  I didn't explain to her how far he drove to be there, but I did tell her a few times how I wasn't fond of how rushed it all felt.



No comments: