Monday, August 28, 2006

You might as well be walking on the sun...

Whew, what a feeling. What a blast. What a strange and wonderful experience. The Portland to Coast relay, 127 miles, of which I completed 10.95 of, over the coastal range in summer heat. Two vans filled with 12 adults and one amazing 3 3/4 year old mascot girl, Lexie. My hat goes off and my heart goes out to the following amazing and wonderful people: Carrie, Christine, and Darlene, thanks so much for volunteering and driving out to the boonies and taking on such a large responsibility; Lana, your spirit is amazing and your kindness neverending; Cherri, your humor and compassion are a thing to marvel; Debbie, your courage and determination are amazing and by far outweigh your spacial relationship issues; Karina, without your help I'm not sure I could have done it-your natural leadership skills and organization where a God sent gift, thanks; Lynette, your enthusiasm and support are phenomenal and I can't tell you how much I appreciate your stepping up to the plate at the last minute; Jeff, thanks for carrying such a load for us and putting up with a van full of women for over 48 hours; Sujata, your spirit and positive attitude were undying and it was like having two people in one; Katie, your youthful spunk and attitude kept the van's sleep deprived mental state in laughter and you accomplished two of the most difficult legs under the harshest conditions; Shannon, you're amazing-you made me feel as if I'd known you for years and I certainly hope we can get together in the future-you did three legs! and difficult ones, part crazy, and I just love your sense of humor; Frank, my dear husband I appreciate being stuck in a van with five tired women for 48 hours- a few times you had us rolling in laughter and I loved you constant support over the walkie talkie and your strength for doing this with your knee injury-I love you so much; Mom, you are the greatest-I am constantly hearing how wonderful you are from all the other gals and I just beam with pride at my mommy- your courage and determination are amazing and I can't tell you how much you mean to me; Lexie, oh my precious little angel doll, you brought something to this experience that almost brings me to tears-I'm so glad we couldn't find a sitter for you, it just wouldn't have been the same without you there-you precious girl, I love you so!

Word(s) of the day: ONOMATOPOEIA

Lexie log: She is so cute, I'm not sure I can re-count the countless things she did over the weekend to amaze me. She kept us laughing, that's for sure. She handled the 38 hours mostly in the van time really well. She told stories, sang, made commentary, etc. -- She went to swim yesterday, and today Grammy took her to a tumbling class. I love her.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, Mom and Dad, all the girls on the team, the relay, fun, weekends, and life.

No comments: