Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Well, my mind is clear out of songs at the moment...

Intersting day at work. We heard a cry, then another, then I heard something I thought sounded like a skateboard. As I looked out the window, first I saw an empty pair of work gloves, then a flagger's stop sign, then a femal flagger with the head of an elderly women in her lap. The body of the older women was sprawled up the four steps to the clinic front door. The flagger was looking around frantically yelling for someone to call for help. I grabbed my phone and called 911 and got an ambulance and a firetruck to the clinic. Poor woman (toting a cane) had fallen down the brick steps. She was conscious by the time they put her on the board and took her off, but I overheard her say that she didn't remember falling. One of the IM nurses said she had just been in the lab. I just kept thinking of angels when I saw her, praying that she would be calm and not have broken anything.

Word of the day: MUCHO

Lexie has her first dental appointment and cleaning in a week and a half, and then her annual well child check the week after that. Thumper has some strange red bump on him that's I just found last night, and if Lexie wasn't asleep on the trip home (still sleeping) I would have taken him to the vet to check it out.

We had a blast at the beach last weekend. I love to be able to take Thumper places with Lex and me. I just wish the cats could come to.

I started a four week class (required by the state) called Kid's Turn. It's for parent who are getting divorced. It's kind of interesting, but there is a turd head in there that if he doesn't keep his trap shut, I'll have to take an Advil for my clenched teeth headache. There is also a woman in the class who my hear totally goes out to. She is the step-mother of a girl that her and her husband had sole custody of. Now her husband died, and she is having to fight the biological parents for custody. What a trauma for the whole family.

Today I'm grateful for Lexie, family, life, weekends, my job, and life.

No comments: