Saturday, October 20, 2007

WE LAUGHED, WE CRIED...

Actually...We laughed so hard that we cried! Thanks Cherri, Tobie, I'd forgotten that I could be social outside of work. I'm no wallflower, but far from social butterfly as well. I chat with the neighboors, go out with Mom, sometimes Dad. Do a thing or two with Tracy and Lucas. Yesterday after work, I went out for the first time in over ten years. I laugh a lot at work. A lot! I think of my boss, Barb as a friend, and we've had a couple opportunities to get together outside of work, and I consider myself lucky there. And now, Cherri and Tobie have both become friends of mine as well as co-workers, and we finally got together outside of work. We went to Blaze's on Halsey last night after work. We each had two Margrita's and a slice of pizza, and laughed so hard we cried. And we didn't even talk about work! It was bliss! Those two are funny, what wit! And I still got home in time for bed. I was in bed by nine, and here I am, up at four am on a Saturday! It seems that this happens to me every Saturday that Lexie isn't here. I wake up unable to get back to sleep around three or four in the morning. Usually I read a little until I'm able to fall back asleep. This morning I decided to blog.

Word(s) of the day: PLEBIAN

For some reason, that word just popped into my head at work today.

Dad had his procedure yesterday. I think it was over a year ago that we found out he had cancer in his bladder. Via an ingenious treatment of TB of all things, it was taken care of, only to resprout again a little while ago. So, another biopsy yesterday and another round of TB and he should be good to go again, what a trouper.

Next Saturday, Mom, Lexie and I will go take a look at the studio photos of Lex. You can be sure I'll post any I can. I'm hoping to talk Mom into taking a look at Beaverton's Saturday market too, since it's right next to the studio.

Right now it's raining, what a lovely sound. Yesterday I walked in the wind, and drove home to lighting. Allthough I truly love summer, fall is also wonderful if you know what to look for and appreciate.

No comments: