Thursday, October 04, 2007

Funny Email...

Last week, both Ryan and myself received voicemail from Bob at a local IT solutions company soliciting their services. I don’t know about Ryan, but I deleted the message fairly early on since he was giving the rambling spiel of the company. Then, a couple days later, I got an enormous email from him with all the ins and outs of their products and services, so I decided to reply.

From: Rachel K [mailto:rK@-----.com]
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2007 3:33 PM
To: Bob DSubject:
RE: A brief introduction from a local women owned company - G---Tek

At this time we do not have a need for your services. Our IT team and consultants have sufficient experience and knowledge to handle the services you provide in-house. Thank-you for your offer.

Rachel K
Techincal Lead / EDI contact

And then... Even though I just said “NO”, he pushes on.

From: Bob D--- [mailto:Bob.D--------.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2007 8:26 AM
To: Rachel K
Subject: RE: A brief introduction from a local women owned company – G----tek

Thank you for the reply.
I have attached a line card of products that we resell.
Perhaps you can help me understand what it would take to submit bids on items you purchase?
Please do let me know how else I might be of service.

Bob D
G------ Adaptive IT Solutions

So….Annoyed by his perseverance, I sent him this reply.

From: Rachel K [mailto:rK@-----.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2007 1:49 PM
To: Bob D
Subject: RE: A brief introduction from a local women owned company - G-----tek

Do you carry anything along the lines magic wands or genie lamps? Can you perhaps provide service for our Office Depot Easy Button, which seems to be on the blink?

Rachel K
Techincal Lead / EDI contact

And finally, I got this response, haven’t heard from the company since…

From: Bob D [mailto:Bob.D@-----.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2007 1:49 PM
To: Rachel K
Subject: RE: A brief introduction from a local women owned company - G-----tek

:)

Oh that I could it would make my job much easier as everyone would want at least two.

Thanks for the humor as it makes the day much easier.

Bob D

No comments: