Monday, February 25, 2008

North to Alaska

Day five in Alaska.  Lexie poked me awake this morning a little after eight.  She says she doesn't want to go home tomorrow.  We both love waking up to peaceful white.  The first day we were here, I say a moose, a coyote, Dall sheep, and two bald eagles.  Fur Rondy was a blast!  Lexie rode a dog sled, we watched day one of the sprint dogs races begin.  Day two Lexie slid around the ice rink, we had a pioneer pancake breakfast, watched the parade, walked to the snow sculptures, rode a ride at the carnival, watched fireworks, and saw Katie's gallery while Lexie and Cooper played.  Cooper (Katie's son) came over later and they played until bed time.  Yesterday we watched the reindeer races and the running of the reindeer.  Everyday Lexie loves to play in the snow, and she has taken two snow walks with Fred and Hatcher.  I have so many pictures and film that I only have 200 pictures left on my 2GB card.  So, I have a project when I get home.  That's all for now, just a quick note for now, more later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are coming home though aren't you?!? Griffin, the kitties and I have a good week-end. Took Griffin to the dog park and stayed until he was pooped out (both meanings of that word.) We miss you and can't wait to see your photos.

Tonya said...

I can't wait to see some pictures. It sounds perfectly lovely. I could use a vacation like that.