Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Valentines Wedding Bells

Lexie has been in the spirit of St. Valentine since February began.  Up the road from our house is a boat dealer, Harvey Marine Supply, that has a gigantic one and a half story white rabbit standing out front... Harvey.  For each holiday season, Harvey holds in one outstretched hand a symbol representing a holiday-ish theme.  Christmas tree, pumpkin, flag, Easter egg...for Valentine's Day a giant red heart inscribed in white letters, "Be Mine".  Lexie yells, "It's Valentine's" every day on the way home from school.  Sunday evening, she announced to me that Miadda and Turkeyswoop (two of our four cats) were going to get married. She had me do Miadda's hair in three mini pony-tails, and she raced around the house in full pre-wedding excitement for about an hour.  For some reason she insisted that the wedding take place at 38, so at 6:38pm we gathered the cats and two cat food bowls in the kitchen, split a can of shredded cat food in two bowls (the only way to keep Miadda and T-Swoop together for more than a couple seconds. So for the past few day, when we come home we discuss the newlyweds.  She is so thrilled about it.

Happy Birthday Barbara!  Ta Male!

I am so excited about our trip to Alaska!  I woke up at 12:38am making a list of things to do and pack to get prepared.  One week away.

Work is hectic.  I'm trying to pull out of a day trip to a clinic in Coos Bay this Friday, especially since I have to be at our clinic Saturday anyway.   Busy busy busy.  I do love my job and the people I work with though, so it's all worth it.

Word(s) of the day: SOPORIFIC

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Blake came home yesterday telling me that he and Lexie are getting married. Oh yeah, and they are going to have 3 kids named Hannah Montanta, Hermoine and Ron. Good thing I already like my in-laws ;o)