Monday, March 24, 2008

New Bed...

I need a new bed. Mine is soaked in bile puke and dirty dog feet. It's 3:56AM and I'm still UP. Lexie is finally sleeping, wrapped in a blanket on the living room sofa. I'm simply waiting for the next hour to pass so I can call Mom and ask her if she is awake. What a long night! I was just out on the porch listening to the light rain drops bouncing off the pines and the yard. I came back in the house and realized that Lexie has finally slept for more than an hour without upchucking water-bile. I'm really, really tired, but I don't want to lay down until I know she will sleep soundly. She has been waking up every fifteen minutes to half hour asking for water. When I'm awake and diligent, she gets ice chips and an ounce of water and relaxes for a while. The last time I fell asleep around midnight, she woke up on her own went the fridge, got a cup full of water, too much water, drank it, got back into bed and puked everywhere about an hour after that. So... I'm on the night watch. She didn't like the puking part, I didn't like it either, or the cleaning up part. We really need a new bed now, and I keep trying to figure how we're going to get one. I need more tricks in my book to get throug this. I guess I'll go sprawl on the west end of the couch for a while and see what plays out. Call you in a bit Mom.

No comments: