Monday, March 24, 2008

Yucky yucky yuck yuck!

3:02am. I'm very tired, but can't sleep because the bed is wet with puke and Lexie is drifting in and out of sleep on the living room couch. I can't find the cleaner I used in the past to "sanatize" the bed, and I'm so frickin tired I almost cried when I realized I couldn't find it. I no way no how have enough PTO to cover a full day off. I disallusioned myself last night thinking that Lexie would have full recovery in the morning. Mostly because her teacher was going to take her on a trip today that I'm sure she would have loved. Beach or Portland art, or maybe even something else, but now Lexie can't go. On top of that, Lexie is her only early morning student, and I'm feeling a little guilty that she'll get up early when she doesn't have to. I'd call her now and tell her to sleep in, if I didn't think she'd have a heart attack and not get back to sleep from having a phone call at 3:00AM. Lexie is sleeping with the aid of the Benadryl her on call pediatrician recommended, so I'm going to go check on her and her fever, then maybe fininsh watching 1408, a movie that I started last evening before I picked Lexie up. This movie was scarring the crudolas out of me last night. I'll sit on the edge (the clean dry one) of the bed and sweat it out. Hope to get some sleep soon. At least Lex hasn't puked in almost an hour. That must be the light at the end of the stomach flu tunnel.

No comments: