Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Everybody was Kung-Fu Fighting, Ha!

I already took my lunch today, so this will be a short entry. I actually took my lunch break at about 9:00am so I could go to my podiatrist appointment. Dr. Broadbent. Great Dr., but I had one of those episodes where you expect a doctor whose only seen you once to remember you in such great detail. Not so. When he checked my foot out, he said I should keep the boot on one more week and come back in. Huh? I asked about surgery and he said, “Yeah, I saw that in my note”. Well… Then he says surgery is possible if it happens again. Huh? So, I reminded him that this has been happening since I was in Junior High. He asked me if he took x-rays last time, as a spot of recognition started crossing his face. He got the x-rays, put them on the board and exclaimed again at how wrong my great toe bone length is. My big toe is 9millimieters too short. So pre-op visit next week and surgery that Friday. Unfortunately, he can only shorten the second toe by four millimeters max, so it will only partly correct the problem. I’m still looking at orthotics or possibly fusing the foot-toe joint on the big toe to force it down and to take some weight. Eeeks! Very strong likelihood that I will eventually need it on the other foot.

Word(s) of the day: TARANTULA

Yesterday after work Lex and I went to the Kennedy School for their May Day celebration. We wandered around the school and the courtyard while an Irish flutist and guitarist played music. Then we were second in line for “The Balloon Guy” who was very well-known and popular there. Then we watched the Laurelhurst 5th grade May Pole dancers do May Pole dances. Lexie had pizza, then we watched Gypsy belly dancers. It was a great time.

Thursday we will go to the first clinic softball game. It’ll mean she stays up a bit late, since it doesn’t start until 715 and is over 20 miles from home.

Today I’m grateful for Lexie, Mom and Dad, weekends, fun stuff to do, modern medicine, and life.

No comments: