Tuesday, September 26, 2006

But what a fool believes he sees, No wise man has the power to reason away...

I just love Charlie FM! and grilled cheese sandwiches. And diet pop.

We watched Broken Trail last night. It made it to my list of favorite movies. Johnny Was is another great one.

Our next semi-major family purchase has been agreed upon. We have been enjoying a bit of a green thumb over the past couple years. Frank has been really into cacti and has two house plants, one hanging and a prayer plant from his long ago deaceased grandmother. I had a vegetable garden, and I would mind a couple vegies every once in a while, but my big passion has been growing from seed or start. I've got a couple starts from plants at work that I'm working on and...my absolute pride is my Avacado tree that I grew from the pit of an avacado Frank and I ate over four years ago. I recently found out that as early as eight years they can start producing fruit. That would be awesome. My tree is over five foot now and filling out very nicely. I've pruned the height to get a fuller tree. For the past years I have been moving the tree into the garage for the winter where it gets little to no direct sunlight, but our house doesn't have any good indoor place for plants. And...now the tree is getting too big to move around. So...we decided to invest in a portable green house. I also have high hope that Lexie will enjoy watching a vegetable or two grow and perhaps she might even eat them. Hah. Well, she has shown an flowers and plants and I do think it will be fun for her to watch something grow. So we are going to put payments on this bad boy. I'm also really excited because I always want hanging plants on the deck, but don't have anywhere to put them when it gets cold. All of our birthdays and Christmas is coming up, so this will be our family present.

Word(s) of the day: GRASSHOPPER

Lexie log: I woke up about three in the morning to Lexie crawling up onto the bed. She fell asleep on the couch, I tucked her into her own bed, but she always ends up back in ours. Usually though, I don't wake up when she does. This morning I felt her on my feet, just standing at the end of the bed half asleep. Then she slowly crawls up and falls asleep at the bottom of the bed. A little later she makes it up halfway, and finally I grabbed her, pulled her up, and put her under the covers. What a cutie. -- She is enjoying tumbling, I wish I could go to that class. I sent an email to a Montessori in Beaverton to find out about taking a tour, but haven't heard back. -- We went to Freddy's last night to look for a leotard, but no luck. She did pick out her halloween costume. She is going to be a CareBear. Thank-you Grammy! Now the trick is keeping her out of the costume for the time being. I need to hide it when I get home. -- Her swimming is really getting good. She is two classes into the fall session and I do like her new teacher.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, Mom and Dad, sunlight, water, music, movies, yard, weekends, coffee, pillows, and life.

No comments: