Saturday, August 04, 2007

Good Evening to you, then! Potter Fest continues.

Saturday night, about 10:00PM. I've just finished book one, The Golden Compass, and Tiki is trying to nuzzle my fingers as I type. He is always in front of the monitor when I'm at the computer. Funny. He's purring away and trying to get me to cuddle, but when I pick him up, he just wants out of my grip again. He just wants to be a part or something, not held, just here. So I stop typing now and again to scritch and nuzzle him back, and he's happy with that.

Books I've read this year, the year I am free....All the Harry Potter books, my favorites, a silly book and the DVRC, "Twisted Banana" an older kids book, "Northern Lights" Nora Roberts, listened to "Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress", "Never Let Me Go", and my so far one of my favorites, "The Outlander". Oooooohhhh! I love stories.

On the weekends that Lex is staying at her dad's, it is a movie Potter Fest. I am so taken in with her stories, she is an absolute (insert the biggest word you can think of here) of a story teller. Now, in my mind a story teller is the best of arts and skills. I can think of no other gift so grand, other than listening and imagining. So, Friday night, Sorcerers Stone played over and over, and today it is the Chamber of Secrets. Since I watch no television, save for movies, anymore, the TV only plays and replays movies when Lex isn't here.

Since Wednesday Lex and I watched the Little Mermaid two or three times (once we both fell asleep on the couch during) so ever since, I've had the soundtrack playing in my head. "...under the sea....under the sea.."

Word(s) of the day for Friday, since I didn't Blog, but thought of it: ULCERATED FUNGULATING SORE

Yuck! some of the things you get to read about at my work...

Today was the PTC captains meeting. Awesome change that Nike took over from Fred Meyers. Love them both, but Nike is better. Aside from the working difference, one being a food and whatever else store, the other being a fitness and shoe guru, the campus at Nike is amazing. I took Griff to the meeting, got sidetracked on the way there 'cuz I saw someone on Jay street coming off what looked like a trail head with her dog. Paused, rolled the window down and inquired about good dog walking. She pointed out that the Nike campus has a full on trail all around, dog on leash policy. I went on to the campus, parked in the event parking, walked past a beautiful stone/water display with a monsterous marble ball rolling in the fountain water, into the "Tiger Wood" building, picked up my race packet, team shirts, and roadkill magnets. Back to car, back to Jay street, parked and took Griff on a great walk in what is but couldn't be recognized as, downtown Beaverton. Nike turned a marshland into a business campus with trails, both asphalt and wood chip, in all directions. Jenkins Estate two miles north from our house, Nike campus two and a half miles East. Yummy. I walked Griff only a small piece. It is beautiful, but at 10:00am also semi-crowded with runners, about one every three minutes. Griff is still young and a little unpredictable when it comes to people charging up to us (as he sees it). He will get used to it though. Only one time when a smallish women ran up on us did he lunge. Freaked me out, her more, I'm quite sure. The thing is that I was on the cell phone with Mom and not paying attention. After I learned my lesson, I talked him through each human contact, running mostly, and after about a quarter of a mile, his interest in bipeds lessened. Good. We'll be back there, probably more like 7:00am though. It is a wonderful trail.

Last night I gave Griff a bath, he loved it.

So, now I have just finished the first book, Golden Compass, movie coming out this year, and since I took a five hour nap today, sleep is well off. If Lex was here, we'd be playing the new fish game or just tangling around jumping, but she's not...I love her so. Still nice to have a "book" day to myself, and I really thing Griff loves the attention. Tomorrow I'll be having a grand day with Mom and Aunt Chris. Then to change the oil in the Pathfinder, then to pick up Lex. Last Monday, Grammy Lex and I wen to Pizza Schmizza at Tanasbourne. She loved it and has quite and affection for the wonderfully painted Zebra out front. Maybe I'll take her there for dinner after I pick her up.

Today I'm gratefuel for....EVERYTHING: Lex, Mom, Dad, Griffen, Friends, Zebras, STORIES!!!, iPod, music, Audible, Nike, plants, water, cats, Harry Potter and what-her-name that storied him up, writers and their imaginations, air conditioning, trails and trail makers, magnets, DVRC, stacks, food, coolers, campsites, the ocean, water, sand, and life.

No comments: