Sunday, August 19, 2007

Good Morning

Ok, I'm up at six in the morning.  Can't ever seem to sleep in on the weekends anymore when Lexie is at her Dad's.  It's a little odd.  If she is here, I can sleep in, but when she's gone, I'm restless and up early doing all kinds of chores and reading.  So, this morning I got up at 5:30am and put in the movie Desparado, Rrrrrrooow!   Put Fifth Element back on the shelf, and promptly went out back to read.  Yeah, yeah I know, why put a movie in and not watch it.  Some strange new habit of mine.  Ever since Lexie's dad and I went our separate ways, I stopped watching TV almost completely.  I have no desire for it except for movies.  I think it was all the nights Frank and I just sat there watching and watching, barely talking except to discuss what was or wasn't interesting to watch.  Yuck!  Anyway, the first weekend Lex stayed with Frank, I put in a Harry Potter movie from the last book I had read, since I was reading The Half Blood Prince.  So, the whole weekend, I read and when I wasn't reading or doing house stuff, I was watching the movie.  Never the whole movie in one sitting, just pieces of it.  That new trend has continued, and so far I've had two Potter weekends, a DeJavu weekend, I Robot, and this weekend was going to be Fifth Element.  But this morning I walked past Desparado and put it in, so now it's playing in the background while I blog.  Earlier I was outside watching the sun come up behind the clouds and listening to the rain as I read the final book of three of the Golden Compass, the Subtle Knife, and Amber Spyglass.  Very good. 
 
Had a great day yesterday, got up early, did some housework, went tanning, went to the store, and met Mom.  We did a great little hike around Jenkins Estate.  I absolutley love Mom time, I hope she comes with me anytime she wants.  I love my Mommy!  Everyone should be so blessed to have as great parents as I do.  Funny, smart, whitty, creative, loving, caring, whew!  Then I came home, more housework, fill the bird feeder, laundry, reading, lunch, then a nap.  Sigh.
 
I love the sun, it's warmth, energy, vitamins, happiness, but...I will always love the rain.  It was so welcome to me last night.  I had heard rumor from local weather that it would rain this weekend, so I opened my bedroom window.  What a reward, around 11:00pm last night I woke to heavy rain falling on the covered back deck.  The smell, the air, the sound.  I love water, and water from the sky is crisp, cleans the air, feeds the plants, whew.  So, this morning I got up and read out on the back deck listening to the rain.  In fact...I came in just to pay a couple bills, look at MyFamily.com, blog, and then I'll be back out there, then breakfast, nap, reading, store, and then off to pick up my little angel.
 
I'm excited about the Portland to Coast.  I'll only work Mon-Wed, then Thursday, Lex Grammy and I will drive down to Salem to pick up the van.  Then Friday morning at 3:00am, the westside members of my team will show up at my house and we'll all drive down to the Hawthorne bridge to see Lynette off at the start line.  Our team is named "Off Your Walker" and the walkers include, myself, Shannon, Heather, Patty, Hollie, Josh, Karina, Lynette, Bobbi, Shelli, Sujata, and Katie.  Mom, Aunt Christine, and Hollie's sister-in-law Misty are all volunteering at exchange 20 on Pittsburgh road in the costal range.  Mom will take Lexie at 3:00am Friday when we set off. Then she will get Lex to the Thicket where my Dad, her Grandpa will watch her while Mom and Chris volunteer. I'm excited!
 
Word(s) of the day: SPORRAN

 

Today I'm grateful for Lex, Mom and Dad, Tiki, Turkey, Chikita, Midda, Griff, water, rain, good books, good activities, water and rain.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Sounds like a very nice weekend. It must be hard to get used to not having Lexie there. I'm always like that when Blake spends the night with grandma, I think I'm going to sleep in and then I'm up early..argghh..:o)