Saturday, August 04, 2007

Update

Forgot to mention in my last post...The DVRC is awesome. Elliot is teaching Filial Therapy, bascically, I am learning how to do play therapy with Lex. It is about equal as to who is benefitting more from this, me or Lex. Once or twice a week, we spend thirty minutes of play time with the toys granted from the project. She loves it, I love it, we both look forward to it, and I can't begin to describe what we've gained from it. Well, I'll try to begin describing anyway. The biggest thing is the bond. We already had a strong one, but this is immensly making it stronger. I am learning communication skills that help me so much! She is getting a set time that she is in control and teaching her how to be in control. I hope so much that one day all parents can get this for themselves. This class and all its benefits are priceless!

Lex also had her first session with counselor Amy. Lexie came out happy and loving it, gave Amy a big hug and said she couldn't wait to go back. Awesome!

Lex got her second award for student of the week. She goes to the best preschool I could have imagined, I can't thank Ms. Amy enough for being the best teacher, or Tonya enough for being a friend and directing us there.

Anywhooo...It's almost 11:00pm, so I better see what's behind those eyelids of mine. Forgot to mention in my gratitude list, DREAMS.....

No comments: