Thursday, September 06, 2007

Holy Smokes, Batman!

I’m driving into work this morning on the Banfield doing about 55-60mph when all the sudden it looks as if the green mini van in front of me is slamming on the breaks as white smoke is pouring from his back left side.  Then all of a sudden so much smoke I could see nothing but white!  As it cleared and we were rapidly coming to a halt, I see that there is nothing wrong with the tires, so what the Hell?  There is little to no shoulder and as the car is slowing and moving off to the left flames start surging out of the bottom of the van!  Holy crud!  As I slowly passed the car, ( mean as slow as I could safely in 7:00am rush hour traffic all around), I grabbed my cell phone and dialed 911.  I was so shaken by it that it took over an hour for me to calm down after I got to work.

 

Lexie has it in her head lately that she is going to be a princess.  Many times her and “play princess”  which basically involves makeup, and her prancing around the house in a tiara.  Yesterday on the way home from school Lexie explained to me that princesses wear boots.  Out of the blue, and of course she is wearing her pink cowboy boots.  Then she tells me that princesses have iPod’s and computer games too.  Are we leading up to something here???

 

 

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Wow, that really must have been scary. I'm glad that it didn't cause an accident.

Tell Lexie that I absolutely think that princesses wear pink boots!!!