Friday, June 16, 2006

East bound and down, loaded up and truckin', we're gonna do what they say can't be done...

Why on earth is that song stuck in my head? Who knows.

I just got out of my annual review. Not to shabby.

We got a graduation anouncement for my cousin Skylar in the mail. Congratulations! It's an awesome announcement and it's going in my scrap book. Sometimes I really wish our family was closer together or we had the resources to stay in touch better. Some maternal element inside me definitely exploded and I just really wish Lexie could get to know her relatives better. As it is, she is super tight with her grandparents, and her aunt Patty, and cousins Johnny, and Amy, second cousins Gavin and Marissa. I know we would be closer with Jason, Maggie and Kiera, if they weren't hundreds of miles away.

Word(s) of the day: POOGLE

Lexie log: She had her second school day yesterday. For some reason it tickled me to know end to see marker stains on her hand from school. She is still not so good at recounting her daily activities, I can't wait till she can do that. She basically says yes to everything you ask her. Tuesday, we asked her what she learned in school, she first said she learned to cut. I asked her with scissors, and she said yes. I asked with an axe, and she said yes again. Then I asked her if she learned physics in school, and she replied yes as well. The next time we asked her what she learned in school, it definitely sounded more like she said she had learned to cuss. Interesting curiculum these modern pre-schools have.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, Mom and Dad, weekends, coffee, purple, green, blue, wind, rain jackets, headphones, and Audible books.

No comments: