Tuesday, June 27, 2006

If I can't have you, I don't want nobody baby....

Whew. It's warm enough here. Yesterday the office temperature was between 80 and 85 all day. Makes for a quiet office, nobody want to expel hot air or energy. Thank God Frank was able to fix the air conditioner at home. Yesterday was stressful for me. I had a little panic attack at work, combination of emotions, lack of breakfast, heat, stress, etc. But now I am back in the saddle. Thank goodness, because this morning I came into work and immediately could tell that one gal was unhappy. I got upstairs to my desk where someone else was waiting for me and she cried for a while with imagined fears . Then I logged on to email and discovered the reason for the first gal's attitude, so... off to unruffle the feathers of this one. It's break time and I'm ready for it already.

Word(s) of the day: HOPE

Lexie log: We got her a bicycle this weekend. It's a really nice one with training wheels. I can't wait for her to try it out. We got it for $15.00 at a garage sale.

She started her first swim class of the summer session on Sunday. There is only one other girl listed in her class, and she wasn't there so Lexie had the instructor all to herself. This is a good and bad thing. When she is alone in class she tends to goof off more and stop listening. At least she still had fun. Teacher AJ is having an allergic reaction to the pool chemicals and we miss him very much. He still works there, and I've been told still does a class or two, but we haven't seen him in the pool for quite some time. He talks with Lexie after swim though. Her new teacher is Danette, and she seems great too.

Lexie also played over at Lucas house Sunday afternoon. She is so infatuated with him. When I tried to get her in the car, she just kept screaming, "I want Lukie! I want Lukie!" and crying at the top of her lungs.

Grammy came over yesterday and spent time with Lexie all evening while Daddy and I took Thumper to his doggie class. She sure does enjoy her Monday visits...So do I (Sorry Grammy for booting you out when we got home). The swim suit we got her Sunday was too small, so Grammy got her a nice new green swim suit.

Today I'm greatful for Frank and Lexie, Mom and Dad, air conditioning, weekends, yards, water, and life.

No comments: