Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Everybody, talk about, pop-music, Shooby dooby do wop, Bop bop do wop...

Quick entry. Today is bonkers. I was supposed to come in a half hour early for system maintanance. The clinic adopted a new policy for safety reasons due to the recent string of armed break-ins that no one person can enter the clinic alone. So... Colleen and I got permission to come in at 6:30am. I opened my eyes and the clock read 7:22. I stood up Colleen. Sorry Colleen. Then KC is going through Hell with the death of her mother, not in good emotion. My heart and prayers go to her. She no longer works here, but her daughter, Carrie, and very close friend, Linda, are my two cube mates. Then, half the business office is in a state about a women who is throwing a fit over the way something was billed to her insurance. Just needed to take a break to vent. I'm pissed, mostly that I have been trying so hard to get this overtime in to make some extra dollars that we desparately need, and between not being able to get any in this weekend and then this morning, it's all out the window. -- My goodness, I don't think I ever comprehended the true scope of additional responsibillities would come with the clinic going EDI. It is just starting to sink in how much re-organization and re-training will need to take place over the next, gosh, who knows how long, to get these processes running smoothly. It's mind boggling. Oh well, I always have many more things to be grateful for than to be upset about.

Word(s) of the day: SKIRMISH

Lexie log: She is going to be a Carebear for Halloween, but we don't know where we are going yet. No pumpkins this year except the teeny tiny one Grammy brought her on Monday. -- Late last night, about 20 til 10:00pm, Lexie got up and wanted to use her new Marvin the Martian phone before going to bed. I wasn't sure if this Wednesday was a Grammy work day or not, but on the off chance, I let her call her Grammy. Grammy was asleep, but Grampa answered the phone and had a cute little conversation with her. Of course, all I heard was Lexie's half, but it was cute. She said, "Hi Grampa." Tells him she is on her phone and tries to describe what it looks like, and asks what he is doing. Then she says something about popcorn, and asks him if he's seen her birds, and something about Lukey taking them. Then when I told her I thought Grammy must be asleep, she instisted she was, and then as if Grampa confirmed Grammy was in bed, Lexie says, "Oh, she is?" Then she says good bye and that she loves him.


Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, Mom and Dad, Grama Betty, music, color, taste, and life.

No comments: