Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I just wanna fly, Put your arms around me baby, Put your arms around me baby...

I think I'll invest in some more bottles of the swim shampoo and conditioner I got for Lexie at her swim school. I don't want to start using the Ultra Swim again. It works, but I like hers so much better. It leaves her hair so soft and smells like blueberry.

Running a report on incorrect allowables, posting charges, peds card mailer, harumph.

I'm taking a dog whisperer approach. There is always a paper in the suana, but I never bother to read it. Yesterday on whim I picked up the cartoons, and hence the living section. I had no idea the living section had a pets section, that shows how much I read the paper. I started reading an article on the front page of the living section about a dog who had a fear problem written by a dog trainer. The trainer advised researching the subtle tricks that show your dog you are alfa, such as controlling the food, and using those rather than a loud voice or tap on the nose. I started using it last night, and found out really quick that Thumper immediately listens and obeys when I stand up. He also reacted better to me telling him to stop barking instead of yelling no.

Word(s) of the day: ORGANIC SOUP

Lexie log: Grammy is getting a new supervisor, her old one is leaving the state. She was talking to me on the phone about this and the characteristics of a good boss the other day. This conversation gave me a parental revelation last night. The base concept is not new or unknown to me, but put in this parable, it drives it home for me on a moment by moment basis. Parable: -- A young girls is working two part time jobs for two different companies. For the most part she enjoys the work but occassionally she gets bored or distracted and dosen't keep up her responsibilities. One of her bosses is constantly pointing out her mistakes in a harsh voice, getting angry and frustrated with her, and generally criticizing her loudly. The other boss is patients and understanding, and although this boss also recognizes when the girl is out of line, he corrects her gently with a smile or with a firm voice, and spends a little time with her to talk about any problems. The girl begins to hate her first job more and more, applies her self less and less, ignoring the boss and calling in sick alot. She gets past the obstacles at her second job, begins to gain some satisfaction from working there and with this boss, and starts to enjoy her work more. Lexie is the young girl...Which boss do I want to be??

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, Mom and Dad, dog trainers, my job, pink, numbers, smiles, kindness, and life.

No comments: