Friday, October 20, 2006

Shot through the heart, and your to blame...

It's been a long rough week at work. One of the auditors who is extremely on top of her accounts discovered that claims that should have been showing up on her insurance website as received weren't. After a couple hours of research we come to find that all the electronic claim files have been rejected since Sept 25. The problem was a software issue due to all the upgrades stuff during our beta testing and was not our fault...but... The kicker is that if I would have been looking at the right report, I would have caught the software problem immediately and not held up so much damn money! Boy, did I beat myself up over that one. Putting in mucho over time lately. A completely different issue resulted in my working on and off up until 10:44 Wednesday night on the phone with my favorite Cerner person, Tonya. I do enjoy the challenge, but quite frankly, I'm looking forward to some slow times.

The clinic got broken into again last Friday. Someone busted in the front door, then the fire door, then into Bill's pharmacy, took the cash from his register and his Vicodin and Percocet. Everytime this happens, they make a couple improvements to security, but each time someone finds a way in.

Hollywood district is having a massive sewer project that has been going on all year. So far they have been working on Sandy and other side streets, but today they finally made it to 42nd, and I hear that next will be Broadway, right in front of the clinic. So, today, about a hundred feet up the street, they are digging with huge claw equipment. Every 15 or so minutes the driver slams the claw ten or so times into the pavement, shaking the place so that my coffee does the Jurassic Park deal. I can see the work happening out my window. It can be heard and felt and not ignored in the least. Gee, next week, when they are 20 feet away right outside the window... should be insteresting.

Word(s) of the day: SIGH

Lexie log: We drove out to McMinnville (I refuse to call it Mac!) to a birthday party for Luna, who turned two yesterday. Luna is Shannon's daughter, and I met Shannon during this years Portland to Coast. I wish they didn't live so far away, and especially to be moving even farther. It was a great party and Lexie enjoyed herself. She behaved wonderfully and only had one episode of really wanting to have a gift that was for Luna. She fell in love with a pet shop set. So, I have an idea for her birthday.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, Mom and Dad, new friendships, Linda making us all laugh, my job, coffee, 24hf, weekends, sleeping in, and life.

No comments: