Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Is anyone out there, cuz it's gettin harder and harder to breath.

Unbelievable! The clinic got broken into again last night. When I got here this morning at ten till 6:00am, I decided that there were enough lights on that someone must be in to let me in, so I headed for the door a little early. When I got there, I noticed that the light above the door, right below my window, was busted and glass on the floor. I tried the door and noticed it was locked but still almost open and the latch was all splintered. So I knocked and Rigo, the security guard, answered with Bill the pharmacist right behind him. This time Bill was here when they broke in. I feel so bad for him, this is too much. They just replaced one of the fire doors over the weekend so it couldn't be kicked in.

Work is busy as usual. I don't see a break until at least year end.

Just finished looking at pictures my cousin put up on the family website. I'm so excited for him. I hope it all turns out well with the trooper job. I really look forward to going out to Kansas some day to visit. Hopefully we will get to see them soon for the holidays.

Word(s) of the day: KNEE PAIN

Lexie log: What a cutie pie. I wish I could go with her to tumbling on Monday's. -- She no longer needs her step stool for the toilet, so she is finding creative uses for it. Last night, she secretly found Daddy's new hiding place for the chocolate. Daddy and I were on the computer playing pool, when I hear her call to Mommy for some help washing her hands. When I get to her, hands behind her back, with a sheepish and chocolaty grin. I understand that she has no desire to get a tongue lashing from Daddy for sneaking around again. Feeling my usual giggly girl generous self, oh wait a minute, I guess she really does have me wrapped around her finger. I hold my finger up to her lips, wide eyes, and tell her, "shhhhh". We tiptoe to the bathroom, and I give her a good cleaning of the face and hands. It was about as irresistible to me as the piece of chocolate must have been to her, and just as tasty. Now...Off to hide the candy a little higher. I think it will be a few years before she can get to the top of the fridge. -- We're still looking for a pre-school for her. The one that I had my hopes up about dissapointed me last night, and I don't think we'll go with that one. -- Aunt Patty gave Lexie a Marvin the Martian phone on Saturday, and we put it in her room last night. She loves it. She is so proud to have her own phone, she was so grateful to Patty when she called. She kept squealling, "Is it really mine?" -- Grammy came over yesterday and they made a block fortress for miss kitty, which Thumper destroyed a mere six hours later, and they made a fort out of her bunk beds. When I got home Lexie was crashed on Grammy's lap on the couch in the living room. Oh, I just want to go home and cuddle her right now.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, Mom and Dad, eggs, cheese, coffee, ink, advil, push pins, photos, my family and MyFamily.com, motherhood, weekends, and life.

No comments: