Monday, April 17, 2006

Hmmm, hmmm hm hm hmmm hmm...

Monday, April 17th, 2006
Ok, another beautiful weekend. Let me start by saying, duh... For some reason, for the past two weeks, I've had it in my head that the Alpenrose Easter egg hunt would be...on Easter Sunday. Well, nope. So, we missed it completely. No worries though, it was pouring rain Satuday, and Sunday we came up with a last minute back up plan that turned out beautifully.

Thumper done et my tenny runners.

Friday at work, Lana and Cherri took Jan to lunch, so I listened to my book and walked at lunch. It was rather nice. I'm still infatuated with iPod.

Oh, yeah... Friday the green gun died on our tv. All weekend, Lexie has been watching the oddest looking television. I took pictures to post. She doesn't watch too much tv, but each evening, she watches a couple hours. Friday after work, we spent three hours tv shopping, and our new set will be delivered today. Weeeee.

Word(s) of the day: SPIDER JAM

Lexie log: Sunday, no swim, of course. It hit me like a ton of bricks...Why not have our own Easter egg hunt in Yamhill??? So, we got ready, stopped by Fred Meyers and picked up eggs and candy, then headed out there. Aunt Chris was there too, which was terrific. While Grammy, Grampa and Chris entertained Lexie, Daddy and I planted eggs and candy along the trail, with the huge princess doll basket hidden at the end by three trees. She had a blast!

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, Mom and Dad, Chris, family, weekends, water, stickers, and life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh...I am so glad you figured out something else to do...I felt awful the rest of the weekend, about Lexie missing out on the egg hunt...But it sounds like your's probably turned out even better. We had a traditional egg hunt at my parents house as well...much more personal. Both were really fun, but we sure missed you guys!! Maybe next year!
Tracy