Monday, April 10, 2006

The wheels on the bus go round and round...

Another lovely weekend. Saturday we went to the river, got caught in another rain storm, this time no hail though. The river was higher than I've ever seen it. After the river we drove to Bettys for an hours. Lex played with her Gramma and Pete while Frank and I walked Thumper, about 12-13 blocks. Sunday, after swim, we drove out to Yamhill and visited. Thumper ran around in the forest. He took great delight in bounding through the ferns. At one point he crossed the stream and headed south up the hill. I got a little nervous when he got out of sight, but he did come bounding back in a couple minutes. It's so cozy up there, I wish we were all there right now.

Month end is closed, now I'm working on reports and posting charges.

Word(s) of the day: SIGH

Leixe log: She did really good in her new swim class. She is in a class with three other girls, Grace (4), Emma (6), and Siarra (3 1/2). All older than Lex. It was fairly odd to sit in the observation room instead on the pool deck. She saw me in there at first while they were all still sitting on the steps, but then once she put her goggles on, it seemed like she kept looking over, but perhaps they were too fogged up, because she didn't wave back. The only time she lets me do anything with her hair without putting up a super fight is before swim. Now that her hair is all one length, I was able to put it in a pony tail. It was so adorable.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, Mom and Dad, out animal family, senses, iPod, walks, rain, weekends, and life.

No comments: