Monday, April 03, 2006

They're creepy and they're kooky, Mysterious and spooky. They're all together ooky...

Friday, March 31, 2006
Last day of the month. Preparing for month end busy business. For some insane reason the girls and I here in the office are being attacked by abrasive angry callers this morning. We are all chipper and laughing, hyper on super strong Jan coffee, and getting these absolute bears on the phone. The person I just spoke to was going to switch pediatricians because this is the thrid time they've had to call on a balance that doesn't exist. And between phone calls we're all hearing each other trying to diffuse people who are just too uptight. So far there hasn't been one serious issue, just a bunch of anxious, cross people that feel like arguing moot points. Thank God it's Friday, payday, circus weekend, and I love my co-workers, my family and my friends! -- Verizon is working in our neighborhood putting fiber-optic lines in the ground. They are moving from court to court using some fascinating looking piece of equipment called a directional drill. All of this is semi-fascinating to me. First the utility surveyors come out to locate and mark existing sewer lins, water lines, electric, phone, etc. Then the subcontractors come out and use the directional drill to drill a path for the fiber-optic cable, and finally Verizon comes out and installs the cable in the ground. When I looked it up, people all over the country are message boarding about the subcontractor trucks in the neighborhood.

Word(s) of the day: BUFFALO ENUMERATION

Lexie log: I can't wait for the circus tomorrow. I hope I have my new glasses so I can thoroughly enjoy watching Lex and the circus. I'm really excited about doing more stuff as the weather gets nicer. I just off the phone with her and she is fighting going on a walk with Daddy and Thumper. She used to love them and always had fun, but all this week she has refused.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, Mom and Dad, Betty, friends, weekends, happiness, and life.

No comments: