Friday, May 12, 2006

Hmm.

I just did the oddest thing...We sat up here and watched a man stand at the corner for over three light changes without walking. He was an older gentlemen, slouched and wearing an orange hooded sweatshirt the color of a construction sign, with the hood up. We finally decided that he was going to stand there all day until the sign said walk, and he didn't push the button. I couldn't stand it any longer. I raced down the stairs, crossed the street, pushed the button, then stood there opposite him and waited for the sign to change. He just stood there across the street staring straigt ahead as we waited. Then the light changed, and I stepped out into the street. As soon as he saw me crossing, he started to also. We passed each other without a word, then as soon as I got to the other side, I turned around and raced back across behind him. How strange...

No comments: