Monday, May 26, 2008

Like riding a bike...



My brain must have missed the meeting with my joints and muscles.  I always think I can walk fast from here to there, the bathroom, the basement of the clinic, pediatrics reception.  I can hurry, but I guess I have no endurance.  I did a 5K Saturday, and it was wonderful, but my legs weren't up to par.  I really need to get them back into shape soon.   Lexie ran a mile race!  It was so great, I almost cried.  I should have trotted along side her, but  thankfully others took her into their care for the race.  The most wonderful girl, I only know her as number 102, took Lexie on the course.  I had thought of the fact she might be scared, but I really should have thought it through more.  I'm not sure I could even jog a mile right now, let alone trot behind Lexie as she did.  I felt really concerned as she ran off into the distance. Thank God 102 kept her with her.  Lexie did wonderful!
 
Capper Hill is wonderful!  It's one thing to look at the pictures, but another entirely to actually be there!  The tree damage from winter storms is so amazing, but still this place is alive and wonderful.  My favorite is the pond.  Second is the house and foilage.  What a special place.  I sincerely hope I have something like that someday.
 
I have to get back to bed now.  Don't know why I woke up at one am, but typing has restored my sleepiness...  I hope Lexie and I will get to do tons more fun stuff this year...I know we will.
 
 

No comments: