Friday, February 10, 2006

I get a little bit closer, to feelin' fine...

Friday, February 10, 2006
This has indeed been an interesting morning (and week).  When I came in this morning, the scheduled long database backup had failed, and it must be complete before month end can run.  I had to quickly run it before too many people started coming in.  Then the print spooler on the Windows server failed. Restart. Now, I’m on the phone with Cerner.  All PRISM sessions are hanging and we can’t even get the root login at the console to come to life.  Luckily it looks like the month end is still going unaffected.  – 40 minutes later, I’m still here on the phone.  The problem has been solved, but not diagnosed, so here I am on the phone with Mr. Sherman while he looks at user logs and tries to figure out what could have caused this.  In the mean time, my break has come and gone and I haven’t been able to call Frank and Lexie.  So, here I am putting him on hold and going to another line to call and say hi and let them know I would call them later.  – The wind here has been amazing the last 24 hours.  – I was pretty impressed with Thumper last night.  He has a daily treat of getting to lick the kitty bowls clean when they are done, he is always very enthusiastic and excited about this.  I had a bowl in my hand, and I told him to sit, then stay.  I walked away and went to put the bowl down and he started coming over.  I kept trying this until I was able to get him to sit and stay the whole while I walked away put the bowl down, made him wait to the count of ten, came back over to him, gave him lots of praise and affection, and released him, “all done!” so he could go lick the bowl.  – Wednesday morning, I left at 4:00 am to go to the gym, and the windshield was iced over.  I sat in the car, blasted on the defroster, and watched the fractals turn into droplets.  I just thought is was so interesting and almost poetic.  I almost wanted to write some haiku for it.  It definitely stuck out in my mind.  But…I haven’t blogged in a couple days, so I thought I’d mention it.

Word(s) of the day:  FICUS

Lexie log:  We were in the car yesterday and she spotted a distant airplane contrail, and exclaimed that she saw an airplane.  Daddy and I looked all around and couldn’t see it, then she points up past the passenger seat and says, ‘To the right.”  It stunned both of us, and she was correct where she was pointing.  – I took the day off from work Wednesday to deal with family stuff.  We went over to Gramma Betty’s for a while which was nice since Lexie missed seeing her the last couple weekends.  Then we went to Daddy’s dr appointment and Lexie and I took Thumper for a walk around Beaverton while we waited.  Daddy had taken them on a walk earlier that day also, we are so grateful for sunny skies.  – Then Grammy came over and baby-sat Lexie while Daddy and I took Thumper to his Wednesday night class.  He is backsliding on his obedience, and the trainer, Quinn, thinks it is due to adolescence. – Lexie watched Daddy ‘fly from the air’ yesterday.  While I was at work, Daddy was putting his birthday present from Aunt Chris, an awesome birdhouse, up on the shed.  He was using the ‘funny’ ladder, and it gave out on him and he came crashing to the ground with the birdhouse in one hand, the drill in the other.  He’s got a sore shin and ankle, but seems to be ok.  Lexie was concerned for him and took his hands and checked him out and said his hands were hot.  I didn’t witness it first hand, but the way Daddy describes it, it must have been so sweet.

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, Mom and Dad, Gramma Betty, wind, no rain for two days, weekends, and life.

No comments: