Monday, February 06, 2006

I'm alright, nobody worry 'bout me, Why you got to gimme a fight? Can't you just let it be?

Monday, February 06, 2006
Work is work is work is work.  I’m in a funk today.  Seems that I’m having problems effectively communicating outside of work, and it’s got me blue today.  I’m taking myself out of the drivers seat, as I am not going to drive this bus.  Looking for my trolley strap handle.  Lot’s of metaphors involving transportation.  Interesting.  So now this has become stream of consciousness.  I really want an iPod.  I want to listen to Wayne Dryer in the morning when I do treadmill.  I’m really looking forward to getting one.  I’ll call it my mental vacation player.

Word(s) of the day:  DOABLE BASTION

Lexie log:  She has the most amazing memory.  Late last Summer Lexie and I walked up to a tiny little park about a mile from our house.  It was basically just a plot between two houses with bark dust, two swings, a tire swing, a double platform bastion, and two metal climbing jungle gym apparatus.  The place was super run down/falling apart.  The bolt mechanism that was holding the tire swing on was falling apart and the whole thing looked like a hazard.  Lexie loved it anyway.  So, today, Grammy, Lexie, Daddy and Thumper walked over to the park, and it was gone!  Grammy told me that Lexie remembered the park and the swings.  What a sharp mind.  – Routine: every time we come in the front door, the first thing Lexie does is take off her shoes and socks.  She likes to be barefoot.  Even if we tell her we’re turning right around and leaving again, she still walks in the house, sits down in the entry hallway area, takes off her shoes and socks, puts her socks in her shoes, then carries them to her room to put them down.  She’s so cute.  – She swam so well Saturday night and we had such a blast together.  I don’t know what I’d do without our Saturday swims.  Sunday she swam really well, but she was having a problem listening an following instructions.  The gal, Lilya, who has been working the front desk every class and every Saturday night, who knows us by name, is training with Teacher AJ to be an instructor.  I’m glad.   I think she’ll be a great instructor.

Today I’m grateful for Lexie, Mom and Dad, Frank, future iPod, coffee, swim with Lexie, laughter, hope, and positive energy.

No comments: