Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Waterloo, jag ar besegrad, nu ger jeg mej, Waterloo, lova mej nojet att, alska dej

Wednesday, February 01, 2006
Lunch blog today.  It has been a busy morning, but unlike yesterday, a productively busy morning that comes with a sense of accomplishment.  I’ve gotten a lot of issues resolved. Software downloaded, projects organized, etc.  In fact, I even went and had an air clearing with the RN you jumped my schnitzel yesterday in her frustration over mandatory data fields.  One less resentment to carry around.  She was apologetic and friendly and everything is fine.  I’m very glad because I really am fond or our pediatric nursing staff.  They are some of the best people I’ve met.  I’m truly lucky to have such great co-workers.  I’m also glad I work closer to the peds department then IM.  I enjoy the exposure to childhood.  – Thumper has been a bit of a turd dog last couple days.  Frank and I don’t think he’s getting enough playtime and activity with the weather situation.  I’m going to make a resolution to try and take him on a daily walk after work.  He gets a lot of racing around in the yard, but not so much now that it’s a swamp, and I know from experience the difficulty in walking in horizontal rain with a five month old puppy and a three year old daughter, so Frank won’t be doing that unassisted.  – Thanks, Carrie, for lunch.  – Why do dogs prefer the kibbles that don’t make it to the bowel, rather than the ones in them?  

Here’s a cool link.


Word(s) of the day:  MEALY MOUTH

Lexie log:  Her three-year exam went well.  She first had a fourth year med student named Stacey.  She asked a lot of questions, of us, and gave Lexie the routine exam. Then Dr. Miller came in and we re-discussed some questions like helping with sleep issues and when to start teaching stranger etiquette.  At first Stacey gave us the impression that we should be teaching Lexie ‘stranger danger’ already, and that concerned me since she is such a kind and outgoing child who loves to make eye contact and communicate.  She is a breath of fresh air in a world wear people walk past each other on the street without so much as making eye contact let alone a smile or kind word.  (This is something I’m doing my best to change on my part.  I try very hard every day when I walk to the car from work, or am at the store, to look strangers in the eye, smile and give a kind hello.)  I was very relieved when Dr. Miller came in and said that she is fine for now, and that we shouldn’t even worry until she is able conceptualize the topic better and has a stronger vocabulary.  For now, we just keep an eye on her in public.  – Grammy is coming over tonight, and she is going with us to Thumper’s class.

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, Mom and Dad, Carrie’s kindness, weekends, swimming, colors, taste, smell, senses, water, lyrics websites, biography websites, imdb.com, and life.

No comments: