Monday, June 20, 2005

Go Speed Racer, Go Speed Racer, Go Speed Racer, Go.

I am so not at Mach 5 today...I even started doing research on how to change medications. I am so flippin tired ALL THE TIME. I went off my prescription about a year ago because I was having this issue, and tried something else that just didn't work, went back on the original one and now I'm back to having no energy. All I want to do is go home and nap everyday. I found a website on genetic testing for drug reactions. I'm going to see what I can find out about it. A news article I read on it so far talked about a woman whose blood pressure and diabetes got worse with higher doses her doctor prescribed. She took this test and got on the right medicine and feels like a new person. It makes me drool to think of that. I want my energy back. OK, I'll stop crying in my coffee now.

Last night we missed what I hear was an amazing lightning show. We were all psyched about it. The day was beautiful and sunny and the evening stayed warm with an electric breeze and yellow green clouds. But that's all we got. The fun stuff stayed on the East side of the West Hills. We ran around in the back yard like goobers and enjoyed the aura, but everyone else got a light show. All I heard about this morning was how amazing the lighting storm was. Maybe next time.

Word(s) of the day: BOB'S YOUR UNCLE

Lexie log: This was a great weekend. Saturday we played out in the Elmo sprinkler when it was warm in the late morning, then we watched Durango Kids and then Spy Kids II. Lexie fell asleep on the couch and took a little nap. Then it was off to our daily visit to the grocery store. On the way, a torrential down poor started and I dropped Lex and Daddy at the door, parked the car and swam in. -- I forgot to blog about her 'first tattoo'. We were cleaning the kitchen counters last week, moved the microwave and I found a temp tattoo from Papa John's Pizza. For some bizarre reason I decided to put it on Lexie's upper arm. I laughed hysterically, but she wasn't so thrilled. Neither was Daddy. She kept trying to pick off and saying that she didn't want it. Some rubbing alcohol fixed her right up. -- Yesterday, for Father's Day we all met up at Washington Square at 11:00 (except we were half hour late). We had food at the food court. Daddy and Grammy ate lemon chicken, noodles and rice, I had pizza, Grampa Dad had some thing Indian that I have never seen before, and Puppy Lex had noodles bits of pretzel dog, and some burrito. She ate all this puppy style, Grammy fed her under the table. She ate noodles like Lady and Tramp. She stopped being puppy as soon as we left. We wandered the mall, stopping in Stride Rite because shortly before, she started complaining how her feet hurt and we took off her shoes and socks and she rode in the stroller a while. I had a feeling her feet were growing, but not that fast. Allison, Stride Rite employee, measured her feet and she is 8 wide. She went back to look for the ones I picked and came back with something better. Lexie loved them and we were off. We window shopped up to the candy store, then picked out some gummy candy for Lexie. Gummy cherries, penguins, letters, and sharks. Next we spent some time at Kay-Bee toy store playing with all the battery operated animals. The sales person was demonstrating a rocket balloon toy that we all feel in love with. We got one. Played with it last night a little. They are pretty darned fun. Then we went to Bucky's Backyard, a play area at the end of the mall. We had to bribe Lexie to leave after about 45 minutes to an hour. Awesome play area. On the way back through the mall, Grandpa Dad went up to get a cookie, Grammy and Lexie went up and down the escalators a bunch of times, and Daddy and I went to Brook Stone to sample the massage chairs. At some point Grandpa Dad took over Grammy's escalator duties and she came to join us at Brook Stone where we each sampled Shiatsu massage on my favoritest one ever!! Yes I know favoritest is not a real word, but I like to use it anyway. That was the end of our mall rat adventure. As we walked back to Meier and Frank, Lexie kept lying down on the floor for a nap, so we knew it was over. We walked out the Vue and Grammy and Grampa Dad gave Daddy his present of a awesomely framed picture of Daddy and Lexie at the 2004 Rose parade. Then Grampa Dad drove us to the other parking lot. Lexie would not give up trying to get in his lap, so at the very end of the trip, Grandpa Dad let her drive...Sorta. She was thrilled to behind the wheel while it was in motion. She is fascinated with being in the drivers seat. She didn't want to leave. She said goodbyes and told them she loved them, made butterflies in my stomach, just like every time I hear her say it. She was asleep pretty quick but woke up when we got home. I napped while she played some more. Then, about 7:30pm we all went out in the yard and played. She is now expert at playing with the cats and a bathrobe tie. Her and Turkey Swoop played for quite awhile, until it started to sprinkle. Then we moved indoors and played with the new rocket balloons. Fun weekend.


Today I'm grateful for my Dad (and Mom), Frank and Lexie, malls, toys, storms, sprinklers, Allison from Stride Rite and people like Allison, candy stores, massage chairs, movies, and happiness.


No comments: