Friday, June 10, 2005

If a picture paints a thousand words, then why can't I paint you?

I did my first clarinet solo to that song in the sixth grade at Ladd Acres Elementary. I can still see the band room. It's the first song I had to play be memory and it was a test to be able to get into junior band. Vivid memory for me. My poor parents, listening to me practice in my green room at our house on Willow Creek Drive, with the smelly plant in the front entrance garden, that I just saw a news story on, isn't a native plant to Oregon, smells like rotting carrion, I think I might have had a smaller version of it at the house on Garfield. Yah.

Doctor Johnson is referring me to an ENT for hearing loss in right ear. I'm going to see how it improves over the weekend, and if it's not better, I'll schedule an appointment.

Word(s) of the day: FEATHERBRAIN

Lexie log: She's still a puppy. Grammy took us shopping at Fred Meyers on Wednesday and Lexie picked out a doggie bed and wouldn't give it up. She carried it all through the store and when we got home she plopped in front of the TV (after we played outside) crawled in it and watched a movie. We came back in to check on her in a bit, and she had fallen asleep in it. We took pictures, and I was going to post them, but I left Hello up home so it'll have to wait till this weekend. Grammy said that if she ever gives up the puppy bed that Felix or Turkey Swoop should get it. While Grammy was pushing Lexie in the swing, I got an idea and ran off to Fred Meyers and picked up four water guns. We had a wonderful water fight on the back deck. Lexie can actually pull the trigger, but only with her thumb, so she has to hold backwards and upside down. It's great fun. I forgot to have her show Grammy how she plays the harmonica now. Maybe later. When I came into work earlier this week there was a magazine on my desk that the office admin put there for me. It was a catalog of pediatric office kids toys, prizes, and mostly stickers. I took it home and gave it to Lex, and she just loves it. She carries it around, plops down on the floor and opens it in her lap and flips through commenting on Nemo, or Clifford, and whatever else she can identify.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, ink, Lexie's medical office sticker magazine, bean bags, swimming pools, hammocks, memory foam, and mayo.

No comments: