Wednesday, June 08, 2005

If I ever loose my mouth, all my teeth, North and South

I'm blogging from home today. Still not sleeping well and darn it, partially deaf. Sometime last night I lost hearing in my right ear and it's still funky. I can only hear high octave sounds and they come through sounding like some old ragtime piano. I sure do hope this goes away. I'm already tired of saying, "What? What?", and earlier, Miadda walked into the office behind me and her meow sent me out of my chair. The antibiotics are leaving some funny metallic taste in my mouth. Oh joy. Really though, I am in a good mood. I just feel bad about missing so much work.

Word(s) of the day: PUPPIS AL LA POUPE

Lexie log: She is at this exact moment rolling on the floor having a tantrum. She just got up and whined out of the room. She is really experimenting with long and short notes. Speaking of notes, I just tried a fun experiment. I wrote a note to Daddy on a piece of paper and told Lexie, "Give it to Daddy". She ran off and gave it to him and a moment or two later she returned with the reply. She is an excellent carrier pigeon as well as puppy. And she seemed to enjoy the heck out of the task. She even drew her own note on the last run. -- Her cold is also taking its sweet time going away. -- We spent some time earlier taking turns on the harmonica. She just loves this.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, my four and a half senses, the Rose Festival, books, pens, eggs, and phones.


No comments: