Monday, June 27, 2005

To dream the impossible dream, to fight the unbeatable foe...

Weariness 1, Sleep 0. Felix is breaking our hearts, and last night was time to make the worst decision one could have to make. This week we will love and cuddle him all we/he can bare and then it seems that it will be better if he goes on to heaven. I'm having a really tough time today, now that we've discussed it and it's out in the open, I am weary and despondent. I fell asleep crying, darn near woke up crying. My best friend for over 15 years. Only my parents have known me that close, that long. -- On a better note, we did have a nice visit with Uncle Ken and Aunt Janice.

Word(s) of the day: LOVE

Lexie log: Saturday Lexie and I got up around 9:30. I made all of us scrambled eggs for breakfast and then Lex and I watched Pooh's Grand Adventure, took a shower/bath, got ready, waited for Daddy to get ready, and went to Gramma Betty's for a few hours. The usual sitting on the front porch, shootin' the breeze with Patty Ann and Jay, watching Lex run around and play, avoiding Yancy over-affection, and I pretty much finished sewing my 'medicine bag'. Daddy and I headed up to Popeye's for take out for us all, and we ate on the porch. We left her mini-diaper bag and her Winnie, Piglet, and Tigger toys there. The diaper bags is easy, we have more than one, but we had to deal with the missing Winnie, Piglet, and Tigger a couple times over the rest of the weekend. She has been carrying them around everywhere, sleeping with them, and she constantly interacts with them. Leaving them at Gramma Betty's was a fluke, as she was so tired by the time we left. Later Saturday night we went for a night walk around the block. -- Yesterday, Lex and I got up at 7:30, Lexie had cereal and a banana for breakfast while I showered. We all got ready and headed up for Yamhill about 12:00. When we got there Great Uncle Ken and Great Aunt Janice were already there. We hung out at the house and visited. Lexie enjoyed the attention. We went for a walk, up the drive and the road, we played with the rocket balloons in the house, just all around had a nice visit, Zippy's pizza, and then home. Even though Lexie took a brief nap on the way out there, she was asleep before we even got all the way out of Yamhill. Once again, the weekend flew by.


Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, 15 years of Felix love and companionship, family, weekends, Advil, distractions, and time.

No comments: