Friday, June 03, 2005

Xanadu, your neon lights will shine for you, Xanadu

I'm just barely here. In fact, I'm leaving. It's 9:45 am and I finished my $13,878.88 batch for month end close, so I'm taking my morning break, and going home to bed. Co-workers have alternately expressed their sympathy or condolences and then laughed at my nasally sniffing and sneezing and my goofy voice.

Word(s) of the day: BOWER

Lexie log: Yesterday we were joined at the hip. Both of us feeling bad, and Daddy having to take care of us. We spent most of the day watching movies on the couch, napping, coughing, playing on the computer for a bit. Neither of us slept much last night. She kept waking up every 20 minutes whimpering and crying and thrashing about. She finally caught on to us adding any medicine to anything like milk or apple sauce, and now pretty much refuses anything I offer her. She did drink the slightest bit of applejuice. I called Dr. Miller last night and asked about giving her 5mg Loratidine to see if it would help dry the snotterfall, and he said it couldn't hurt. I gave her half of one of my Alavert dissolvables. Held her hands away from her mouth until dissolved. I'm not even sure if it worked, since after that I was out of it. She is handling it very well for the most part. Very good natured, except during the night. And she wont eat or drink anything healthy. Time to go home.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, sick pay, birds, purell, bread, tissue, water, coupons, mirrors, cats, ballons, and fluorescence.

No comments: