Monday, June 06, 2005

Oh Bennie she's really keen, She's got electric boots, a mohair suit...

My phone doodles have a centrifuge theme today. I am hypothesizing that this is some subconscious manifestation of my desire for my sinus to drain. I do feel well enough to make through the day. I have three Ibuprofen and half a Sudafed sitting here on my desk, and I refuse to take them unless I absolutely have to. Just got off the phone with Frank, Lexie is still curled up like a rolley polley, sleeping on our bed. I haven't gotten very many hours of sleep strung together lately. This morning, she crawled up and used my pillow as her mattress.

Word(s) of the day: WHIRLING DERVISHES

Lexie log: Lexie was a puppy most of the weekend. She is getting very good at imitating a puppy. Daddy is slowly getting weary of this game. He's concerned she's going to permanently damage her shins with all the crawling and bouncing around on all fours she's doing. She sounds just like a small dog. Yesterday, she put her right leg up to the top of her head (yes, she was sitting on the floor at the time) and started scratching her head with her toes, and panting, with a smile. She even tries to push between my feet as I'm standing in the kitchen, just like a little dog would do. I haven't been able to get her to roll over...Yet. -- Saturday, we both felt pretty crappy, but not enough to keep us down. We all trekked over to Gramma Betty's for a couple of hours. I finally remembered to bring the camera, so there should be some pictures posted soon. -- She caught on really quick to my trying to get her to take medicine by camouflaging it. Most of the weekend she refused to take anything I tried to give her, even stuff she would have loved. Thankfully, that is passing rather quick. -- She can reach the light switches without help. This makes for an interesting attention getter. A new feeling of power for her, as she gets to actively participate in her surroundings. -- We used our Entertainment book at Taco Del Mar for dinner last night. .99 cents for a kids meal on Sundays, and she got a monster huge bean and cheese burrito on a flour shell that she devoured. She loved their chips also. My new favorite too. When we were ordering, she sat in a chair at one of the tables and just looked oh so sweet. She was bopping around to the music they had on, and another customer actually commented on how cute and well behaved she was. I told her (the customer) that I was going to memorize this moment as one of my cherished two year old memories. Then she started pointing off in the distance at something. I never could figure out what she was pointing at. Closest I could figure was the large Mexican fish with a mustache painted on the window. I really think she was just pointing for the heck of it, but I think I'll try to remember to ask her someday down the road...Just to mess with her. When she's about 17-18 years old, I'll say, "Hey, Lex...Remember Sunday the 5th back in 2005, we were at Taco Del Mar's and you were pointing towards the window, there was a family seated at the tall bar, and stuff painted on the window. What were you trying to show me? I never could figure it out."

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, our Entertainment book, teeth, movies, stormy days, faith, love, couch time with Lex, humor, not having to listen to Boyz II Men 24-7, apple sauce, and nice people.

No comments: