Wednesday, June 01, 2005

I wish I was an Oscar Meyer wiener, that it what I'd really like to be.

Ok, Now Frank and I caught Lexie's cold, so here I sit on break, on Advil cold and sinus. Just got off the phone with Frank, he's bored and stuffed up, Lexie wont talk on the phone, and Felix isn't feeling to hot the past couple of days. We really need to take him to vet to get him checked out. Money is fun when you have it, a total pain in the arse when you don't! -- Yesterday the office entertainment consisted of a middle aged homeless couple fighting around the block, she actually clubbed him a good one across the face. They yelled so loud and argued and walked around the block. I heard later that our security guard ended up pepper spraying him around 5:00pm after he took off his shirt and started threatening him. Secondary entertainment was the building vibrating for a couple hours. There is construction going on a block away, and some heavy equipment used to flatten the earth was causing the entire building second floor to shake. It was having and interesting effect on my vertigo. Bottled water on someone's desk was vibrating like a scene in Jurassic Park. -- Last week, I think I forgot to blog this, when TT and I were waiting outside the front door to the clinic there was this woman who came around the corner looking either drunk, just woke up or both. The weird part here is that she stopped at the tall juniper shrub on the clinic lawn, reached her hand in, fished around, pulled something out, examined the item, then put it back in the shrub. Then she stumbled off past us. The item stuck out in my mind that it looked like a glass crack pipe, but that was probably just some prejudice typecast mixed with age old experience, coloring my imagination.

Word(s) of the day: AROMATHERAPY

Lexie log: Happy sick child. Next to impossible, well maybe impossible-we still haven't succeeded; Giving Lexie liquid medicine. Daddy just called, he tried again with nose plugging technique suggested to me by the gals here. Didn't work too well. Didn't work at all. She writes, won't let you hold her still, squirms like an eel, keeps her mouth shut, then when she opens it, the gargles and spits out all the medicine. Well, my medicine is wearing off too, maybe I'll go home and give Daddy a break with the wee one.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, sense of smell, Advil cold and sinus, and other things that cold medicine has fogged from my brain but I'm sure they exist and I'm sure I'm grateful for them.

No comments: