Monday, August 15, 2005

Gimme de music make me jump and prance, Gimme de music make me rock ina de dance...

Back to the old grind stone... I almost cried yesterday to think of ending vacation. Not that I hate it hear, just that I love vacation sooo much. Lexie and I are already having separation anxiety. We were pretty much inseperable the last couple of weeks, save for the occasional doting by relatives and trampoline session. -- No more TT at work. Big episode last Tuesday, she left for the day and after muling over everything she did not return. Called in to HR, typed up leter of resignation, and had exit interview. I did get to talk to her when we came back Thursday, and it is all for the best. A huge weight off her shoulders. She will be missed. Since they are "trimming the fat" (thanks Carrie for the meeting update info), they will not be replacing her. Even though I left an empty inbox, I've got loads of catching up to do. I'll blog at lunch. -- Ok, I'm back. Dining on some mighty delish crockpot stew creation. Spicy Chicken stew. Lots of salsa, vegetables, broth, white and dark chicken. Viola!

Word(s) of the day: CHUGACH

Lexie log: She was so excited to be home. She missed the cats. First thing she did when we arrived was to chase Chikita around the house for twenty minutes. This seemed odd to me, but after a week of eating at the table at Fred's house, she through a fit when I put her dinner on our table instead of her high chair. Old routines are hard to break, especially if you've been a little home sick and craving predictable environment. So, she's back to her high chair occasionally. This weekend Lexie went with me Saturday to go to the Hood to Coast volunteer meeting in Southeast. I'll slowly but surely blog the trip to Alaska as I add pictures, but today, I'm brain dead and could use some spider solataire for the rest of lunch.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, vacations, crockpot, swiming, Ultra-Swim shampoo, water, pictures, energy, rest, and happiness.

No comments: