Tuesday, August 23, 2005

You make me feel like dancin, Wanna dance the night away...

Frank is sicker than I have ever seen him. I hope he is OK at home today. He sound miserable on the phone. Poor baby. I was rude to him last night because I was so frustrated that I couldn't help him in anyway, then I was worried with nothing to do, and when I went to lay down on the couch to try and rest, I felt bad about abandoning him. Wow, now how does that work? I get to feel like crap even though I'm not sick? Now I'm spending 30% of my brain worrying all day about him. -- Yeah for me! The mosquito bite behind my right ear that bugged me the last three days of the Alaska trip has become a fungal infection. Wow, doesn't that make me feel super! The only spot on me that I didn't put DEET on the morning of the fishing trip was parts unseen, including behind my ears. Within ten minutes of arriving in Hope, some huge'ol mosquito latched on behind my ear. My hand flew up to my ear, ending his life, and within the hour a huge bite took form. I applied "After Bite", but it continued to irritate me for another week. Then, as it disappeared my new issue appeared. Fun, fun, fun. -- Don's funeral is this Friday at noon. I'll leave work at 10:00 to go home and pick up Frank and Lexie. Then afterwards, take them home and go to the Hood to Coast race where I'm volunteering...In Sandy! What a long day...-- Thank you Carrie, for the contributing to my word of the day. -- Last night at some point the wind really picked up and I had to shut some windows. Creepy.

Word(s) of the day: SUPER SECRETOR

Lexie log: Daddy didn't feel well, so he went to bed before us and we stayed up and watched the end of her latest Sponge Bob tape. Bedtime can be so nice sometimes. After the show, I took her into the bathroom, she tried her hardest to use the big toilet, then she washed her hands and brushed her teeth. Now for one of the most wonderful things in the world....We crawled into bed and about five minutes later, she reaches over and touches my forehead. She says, "Momma?" I answer yes and she says, "I love you." And she drifts off to sleep. Then I fall asleep listening to her gently snore.


Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, Swet Pea anti-bacterial moisturzing hand gel, peanut butter bread, slippers, cooler weather, and happiness.

No comments: