Friday, August 19, 2005

Help me sing it, ma ma se, ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa, Ma ma se, ma ma sa, Ma ma coo sa...

One thing I really wish we'd seen more of in Alaska is Magpies and Ravens. I love both those birds. -- Lexie's Uncle Don has been in hospital for the past week now, the last couple of days in ICU. It looks pretty grim. Kindey problems, liver problems, fluid in the brain. Lexie has only met him a couple times, he's pretty much a loner. Lexie's cousins Amy and Johnny are taking it pretty hard, and our thoughts and prayers are with them. -- Right now I'm sitting in limbo land. I'm on the phone with Steve Sherman from Cerner support (have been for about 20 minutes now) and he is reviewing my report logic because I can't get two elements of data that I know exist to show up correctly on the report. One of my application screens is tied up running the report again in the foreground and I can't really do much of anything. So, I sit here and type as I listen to Mr. Sherman mumble to himself as he looks over my work. -- It's supposed to get up to 90 degrees today. Whew, I hope it's cooler up in the Thicket. Time for a new mantra.


Word(s) of the day: RELAX TWINKLE TOES

Lexie log: She is learning how to catch. She has an excellent overhand throw, but she has always just laughed as things fell on or in front of her. When I came home from work yesterday, Daddy and Lex showed me that she learned to catch. Of course until she gets a little more coordination, we play catch with a large, lightweight stuffed bear full of beanbag material. Oh she just loves it! -- We are thinking about some swim lessons this fall at the Aloha swim center. -- Her sentences are growing everyday. -- She watched ScoobyDoo last night and loved it. -- She is going to town with her camera. She is getting better (practice, practice, practice) at aiming at an actual subject.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, four senses, movies, coffee, tea, trees, cool breezes on a summer day, friendly people, and Tigger.

No comments: