Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Why am I soft in the middle, The rest of my life is so hard, I need a photo-opportunity, I want a shot at redemption, Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard. I am such a Paul Simon fan. -- I fell asleep in on the couch last night, after Frank went to bed. I woke up at 3:30 am sitting on the couch with Lexie curled up like a sow bug next to me. Lazy bones that I was, I opted to crawl into bed until 6:00 rather than go for my morning swim. Oh the oppression of guilt. It's ten o'clock and I still can't get that weight off my shoulders. I shall consider this guilt as a tool of incentive to compel me to ignore my indolent desires of sleep. -- I keep forgetting to add pictures of Alaska... --

Word(s) of the day: OAFISH LUMMOX

Lexie log: One of the neat things about the trip was that her exposure to so many different adults seems to have encouraged her communication skills. She is really making great efforts and very successfully now at putting together her own unique sentences. She still loves to mimics and try new words out, but using them in her own way to express her thoughts is her new passion. It is so delightful to witness. -- She was taking a nap when I came home yesterday, so I was able to ease into the 'coming home' issue I was worried about. She did miss me after all the time we spent together over the last week and a half. Luckily, this time, instead of punishing me for my absence with a tantrum and rejection, she simply showed her irritation by refusing to say "Mamma's girl" when we Daddy and I had our little competition. (Odd little game where we both try to get her to say she's 'our' girl. Daddy tries to get her to say, "Daddy's girl", and I try for Mamma's girl. I've usually been fairly successful with her chanting Mamma's girl, but not last night.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, words, friends, clouds, coffee, premium pay, finding the lowest gas price in town at the 76 station that only charged $2.35 per gallon and the attendant letting us know that it's going up four cents tomorrow so we got an extra five dollars, white out tape, email, and glaciers.

No comments: