Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Whistle while your work...

Tuesday, January 31, 2006
I’m stuck on the phone with PRISM support.  I called before 7:30am (I love that they’re open for East Coast customers so I can get all my PRISM issues worked on before anyone shows up for work.) So, I call at 7:20am and here I am still stuck on the phone.  I’m thinking that Steve could have called me back on this, but he’s got me tied up on the phone hear with my screens all looking up stuff.  So…in between him talking (mostly to himself) I’m looking up local news and typing my blog.  – I’m pretty sure I felt a minor earthquake this morning about 6:30am.  I had just arrived in the parking lot and turned off the car for about two minutes when I felt the whole car/ground vibrating or shaking.  There were no buses around and the construction a block away doesn’t start for another hour.  I called Frank and told him, and I haven’t seen any new about it yet.  There was an earthquake centered not even a mile from hear the other night.  – Steve is now explaining to me what changes from our latest upgrade could possibly be causing the errors I’m experiencing.  I’ve been on the phone for almost 45minutes now. – I’m going to think about grocery list now…

Diapers  (Almost don’t need them anymore, but still do)
Laundry detergent (big laundry spree lately with five month old dog and swamp yard)
International Delight French Vanilla Creamer and Crème Brule Creamer (I do French Vanilla, Frank is Crème Brule)
Del Monte canned corn (small cans)  (Lexie and I love it)
Chunky Soup (chicken dumpling)  (Mmm. My favorite to take to lunch)
Diet Cherry Coke (Mmmm…)
Dog Treats (Thumper loves ’em)
Those papers that go on the bottom of the Clorox version of the Swifer wet jet. (Thumper brings the swamp onto the linoleum multiple times a day.  We stopped using the Swifer thing for a while, but now I’m in love with it again.)

8:06 and still on the phone…I’m listening to Steve talking, “Okay, I’m grabbing the first file…I printing from your system since it’s your data dictionary we’re having to live with…(typing, typing, typing, silence silence silence, more keystrokes) I’ll have to do this a different way, I’ll have to go a different direction…I need to dial into your system a different way…I’m going to have to ask you to hold a minute, I’ll be right back.”  Then he sets the phone down, and I’m going to work the missing fee ticket report while a can.  Back later…8:14 and he’s back talking to himself and occasionally me to let me know what he’s doing and ask me a question…”File, print…second one…set up…oh…there…(some oral clicking noise)…(small sigh)…setup (he’s now basically whispering)…OK, let me get this off our printer, hold on…(he puts the phone down on his desk)…Ok, Rachel?”, yeah, “I’ve got the printouts for everything…”  And now he’s going over the relation ships between all the files in my report.  I’m tuning out and I’m going to work on missing fee ticket some more.

Finally, I got of the phone with him about 9:04.  I got an email response back from KGW stating no reports of earthquakes this morning and pointing out a cool website for me to look at real-time (ish) earthquake data in our area.  So, I wonder what I felt?

9:21am, calling Cerner about completely different issue.  This call only takes five minutes, but the issue is not resolved.



Word(s) of the day:  ARCH NEMESIS TREMOR

Lexie log:  She made another blockhouse last night.  Different design, and still neat.  This one included a cylindrical block and a funny shaped Lego on the roof.  She uses a combination of old-fashioned wood blocks and shapes and the peek-a-block blocks and Legos.  I took another picture and will post it later.  – Lexie re-discovered corn last weekend.  I took a couple bites straight from the can and offered her one and she now requests corn frequently.  As long as it isn’t heated up.  She likes it straight from the can (so do I). – Today I get off work at 12:00 for Lexie’s three-year exam.  I’m so excited.  I love doing stuff that is about her.  – Grammy’s biopsy is done, and she sounded fine yesterday afternoon.  Minor procedure, and although she will probably be sore, she’s still coming over to visit Lexie et. all this afternoon.

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, Mom and Dad, hands free headsets for long phone, leaving work early- for it is Hell here today, and the promise of future laughter and happiness.

No comments: