Friday, March 03, 2006

I tell ya', life aint easy for a boy named Sue...

Friday, March 3, 2006
– Whooopeee!  Friday and payday! Not much could be finer.  The only thing that would make today better is if my friend and co-worker would just have a chance to get caught up.  She came into the job three months ago with a crap load of backlog, and now administration is breathing down the coders necks to get month end close done today.  I would hate to work under that pressure.  
– Myrtie, or vacuum, died yesterday.  Frank is very upset about this.  That vacuum was the best we ever had.  It was super powerful.  Not powerful enough for the superball it tried to ingest yesterday.  Frank says that it made a horrible noise, parts flew off, and the beater brush fell off.  When I got home we tried to re-assemble it, and it looked good.  Then Frank tried her out, and it made a horrible noise, smelt absolutely horrendous, and the belt broke.  The jury is still out on what we are going to do to replace her.  
  • Things discussed at work while doing semi-mindless data entry:  While listening to the song “Manic Monday”, we discuss different scenarios where the subject of the song would have made it to work on time.  Transporter, lived across the street from work, lived above work, worked from home, got up on time.

  • Ok, now I’m stressed.  It’s 3:42pm and I’m still at work.  Waiting for the charges to be entered so I can stay here even longer and wrap up.  Even then, I’ll have to log in from home tomorrow to do the month end and backups.

Word(s) of the day:  ISOFLAVIN

Lexie log:  When I talked to her on the phone earlier, she was looking at a magazine, asking for the lollipop she saw a picture of.  Her and Daddy went for a walk with Thumper today.

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, Mom and Dad, weekends, payday, and life.

No comments: