Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Oh, the wheel in the sky keeps on turnin'...

Tuesday, March 21, 2006
Time for a new pair of glasses.  I’m starting to get daily headaches towards the afternoon from my right eye.  When I was at the ophthalmologist a  couple weeks ago, she did an vision test with my glasses on, and I was amazed at how poorly my right eye was.  So, little by little our tax refund is being divvied up.  By the time it arrives, it will already be spent.  – I left my swipe card to clock in and out of work in my pants pocket…at home.  So, today I get to fill out an exception sheet, which I prefer.  It means I can be lazy and not have to go down and clock out and back in for lunch.  I just write the times down.

Word(s) of the day:  BONAFIDE WALNUT

Lexie log:  Another weekend of swimming.  Thumper swam Saturday, Lexie on Sunday.  Thumper is a bonafied swimming dawg now.  We went further up the beach than usual, and happened to find a spot that had a drop off real close to the waters edge.  This surprised Thumper on his first attempt at fetching, but he must have been pleasantly surprised.  He discovered that he loves to swim.  He went out pretty far too.  This summer is going to be nice.  – Lexie had too many swim instructors Sunday.  There were only Lexie and Donovan in class with Teacher AJ, and then two ‘interns’, Lilya and William, were there too.  Too many cooks in the kitchen.  All the attention made Donovan and Lexie act out silly and play.  Neither of them would put their face in the water when they swam or climb up and sit on the wall.  Donovan’s mother actually was very upset with Lilya’s instruction technique.  She spent quite a bit of time discussing it with Teacher AJ and then came over and discussed with me towards the end of class.

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, Mom and Dad, coffee, water, swimming, weekends, pets, cups, clocks, carbon, calcium, corks, candles, clips, carnations, cauliflower, corn, calculators, color, and life.

No comments: