Monday, March 13, 2006

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play, today...

Monday, March 13, 2006
Another super weekend.  Saturday we took Thumper to Dittler’s again.  He raced around the beach and had a blast.  Right when we got there, an odd thing happened.   A woman came up to me with a clipboard asking if I used binoculars.  Of course, I do, so I told her so.  She apologized for the strange circumstances, but she worked for a marketing firm called MDC, and she had been interviewing candidates for a focus group all day on the phone with no luck, so she decided she would try looking where the people are.  The beach.  She was looking for women who use binoculars either for boating or birding and who bought a pair in the last two years.  She was incredibly pleased that I fit into one of these categories and invited me to participate Thursday night.  I just love giving my opinion, so this will be a  $50.00 cooperation fee that will be paid to me.  What a combo.

Word(s) of the day:  SOY NUT

Lexie log:  We found a pair of expensive looking brand new sun glasses that had washed up on the beach.  Lexie looks super cool in them, but they’re still a little too big.  – After the beach, we went to GI Joes to get a birthday present for her cousin Marissa.  While we were picking up a baseball mit for her, Lexie tried one on, for kicks, and it turns out they do make them that small, pink and black, and she loved it.  So she got one too.  She really likes it.  Since Saturday, we played with it (and her new baseball) about three or four times.  She likes it and is getting better at it, but for some odd reason, she will only play catch for two or three catches, then she is done and puts it away.  – Sunday she did excellent in swim.  Teacher AJ had a substitute, I think the owner, and she was a darned good teacher.  It gave me confidence that she will enjoy future classes no matter who her teacher is.  Speaking of which…I hadn’t realized until we got there that sign up already began, so we signed her up for the next session.  This time her class will start an hour and a half later.  Hopefully this will give her a chance to take a nap and be rested enough not to be so distracted.  She loves the class so.  Oh my!  I just had a realization this very moment.  If she moves to Water Safety I, which she is signed up for, Daddy and I won’t be able to sit on the pool deck with her.  We’ll have to sit in the observation room.  That kind of saddens me, but at least she will still enjoy it.  – After swim, we went home for a couple hours, then off to Marissa’s party.  Lexie was so excited about going to Chuck E. Cheese, that she wouldn’t sleep for anything.  She could barely keep her eyes open.  Oh, and this was fun…We had to drive by the Beaverton Chuck E. Cheese on the way to the one on Powell, and she saw the sign.  She had a fit when we didn’t pull in, and it took about ten minutes to convince her that we were going to a different one.  When we got there, she was like the poster child for Chuck E. Cheese.  She bounced from the car to the door, dancing, chanting, “Chuck E Cheese”, and ear to ear smiles.  She sat and ate half a piece of pizza, and then we made the mistake of letting her go out and play while we waited for the show.  She went straight for the tubular maze and it took almost fifteen minutes to find her and get her down the slide.  Then we literally had to drag her kicking and screaming back to the table.  Of course, she loved dancing and singing up  front for the show.  Then she ate caked and then more play.  We were all exhausted by the end of three hours, but still, we had to carry her kicking and screaming to leave.  She was asleep before we got back on the highway and slept until eight pm.  

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, Mom and Dad, weekends, family, friends, fun, laughter, water, music, and life.

No comments: