Wednesday, March 29, 2006

What it all comes down to, Is that everythiing going to be fine, fine, fine...

Wednesday, March 29, 2006
Oh that darned dog!  We were all getting in the car yesterday after work.  Frank had Thumpers door open and he jumped in.  I opened Lexie’s door and she was at the end of the driveway looking at the pile of dirt the city workers had piled in the court.  Thumper noticed it too and leapt out of the car to investigate.  He got a wild hair up his wazoo, and after a quick sniff of the dirt pile he trotted of towards the entrance of the court.  This is a big no-no, and he usually sticks to the houses farthest back.  As he headed towards the street, a cat raced by and went in the yard of the corner house.  He tore after it, but was quickly distracted by two teen boys bicycling across the street.  So, hackles three inches in the air, he sprinted after them.  I let out a blood curdling command, “Thumper!  No! Get back here no!”  Which was really only helpful at slowing him down and attracting the boys attention so they were forewarned.  The boys cried out in amazed fear.  I, of course, know that Thumper would never touch them…All bark, no bite.  But they saw 70 pounds of German Shepard roaring at them.  Thumper came back to me most of the way when I called, then thought it was more fun to scare them, so he did a u-turn and went at them again.  Yep, same reaction.  They were still just as terrified for the second round.  Finally, he came back, but decided to go up the street the other direction towards a yard with a dog he visits when Frank takes him for a walk.  Another blood curdling invective from myself, but nothing from Thump.  When I said the heck with it and walked back towards the court and the house, he decided he’d better follow me and raced past me. Then he had a brief encounter with a construction worker who was doing something with the caution tape, construction cones, and pile of earth they dug up.  Awkward encounter, but brief.  I told the guy he wouldn’t bite (yeah, always believe that one, huh), walked past the two of them, opened the car door, and bellowed at Thump to get in the car.  He reluctantly complied, and we we’re on our way.  I hope this doesn’t become too much an issue for him.  At the Safeway parking lot he tried again when I opened the door to get Lexie out.  He bolted over her, and I barely caught him, front paws on the blacktop, by the scruff of the neck and pushed him back in.  I scolded him fiercely as I undid Lexie’s safety belts.  Luckily, this time I was wary of him, so when I opened the door I wasn’t alarmed that he tried to escape.

Word(s) of the day: CIRCUS CLOWN

Lexie log:  Yep, that’s right, we’re going to the circus Saturday.  VIP tickets, reserved section, elephant rides, clowns, and all.  I can hardly wait.  I must get the cameras ready.  – Lexie now has a wall in the kitchen just for her art.  It is the wall we used as a Christmas tree, our Christmas wall.  Well there are still a few leftovers from Christmas, but slowly Lexie’s crayon, paint and sticker art pieces are taking over.  I think it will be splendid when it takes up the whole wall.   Last night she did two sticker pieces, both princess and flower/heart stickers on pink and orange crate paper.

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, Mom and Dad, no headache for the first time in over a month-Thank-you Carrie, the Circus, weekends, audio books, and life.

No comments: