Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Twinkle twinkle little bat, how I wonder what your at, up above the world you fly, like a tea tray in the sky...

Wednesday, March 15, 2006
Well, what a relief.  I got two major things out of my inbox.  And, as usual, they weren’t as big a deal to resolve as I had made them up to be in my head.  A true procrastinator trait.  Yesterday, Marylue brought me an accounting error to research.  The bank deposited a different amount for our February 3rd deposit than what we have on record.  I spent a while re-calculating check copies and finally we found the deposit slip had two different amounts on it.  Per Marylue, the culprit was lashed with an Al Dente noodle.  Then, I have been storing up questions for Cerner support for over a week and putting off making the call.  I finally did it, and it only took about 10 minutes.  Now, except for our 10:00 meeting, my day should be a breeze.

Word(s) of the day:  BELL PEPPER

Lexie log:  Something happened between Saturday and Sunday to her angel attitude.  Every day for the last three days, she’s had a spell of rotten three year old syndrome.  You hear about the terrible two, but two was a breeze.  I hope this attitude thing turns around quickly.  It hit us like a ton of bricks; we were side swiped with no warning, so now we are scrambling for effective parenting techniques to reprimand the tantrums and rebellious opposition to any and everything.  We’re not just talking a few “MINE!”  She wants whatever she can’t have, doesn’t want anything she can or is supposed to have, and has a tantrum about it either way.  We were at the optical store last night to fix my glasses and I tried on a couple frames anticipating a new pair of glasses soon.  Lexie really liked the light purple pair I tried on first and had a fit when I tried on any other pair of glasses.  She got all squirrelly, and the assistant helping me offered for her to play with a couple Barbie dolls the store keeps around for children.  I realized immediately that Lexie would assume they were hers to take home and told the assistant that if she (meaning Lexie) could find them, she could play with them.  Mistake.  The assistant thought I meant that I wanted her to find them and give them to Lexie to play with, so she did.  Oh my, the fit she threw when we had to give them back.  It’s the same story with most every meal or movie.  Really, this is only happening for about 10% of her day, the rest of the time she is angel Lexie, but it’s still a bummer.  She seems to be having a good day today.

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, Mom and Dad, Bell Peppers, Gramma Betty, weekends, laughter and life.

No comments: